Re: Creation of the Second Screen Presentation Working Group

Hi All, Francois,

On 13 Oct 2014, at 18:45, Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org> wrote:

> Dear participants of the Second Screen Presentation Community Group,
>
> I am pleased to announce that the Second Screen Presentation Working Group has officially been created today!

Francois - thanks for your support in creating the Working Group!

All - the WG creation was truly a group effort, so I’d like to extend my thanks to all the CG participants who have contributed to the spec discussions, sent feedback, wrote experimental implementations, reviewed the charter proposals etc. Without your active participation and contributions, we could not have gotten this far, this fast.

> The working group's home page [1] contains a number of links, including a link to the charter [2] and the form to use to join the group [3] (member-only link).

The WG home page [1] looks nice. In addition to the home page which hosts more static content, we can make use of the other tools provided going forward, such as the W3C wiki (there’s one created for the group already) which allows more collaborative authoring. We also continue to use GitHub as we’ve been doing to date.

> I invite all people interested to join the Working Group.

Intel joined the Working Group. We have Dominik, Wayne, and the undersigned in the group.

> As mentioned in a previous email, the creation of the Working Group does not really impact the internal process that this group has been following up until now, with one exception: once people have joined the Working Group, discussions on the Presentation API should move to the official WG mailing-list (public-secondscreen@w3.org, archived at [4]).
>
> In the meantime, I suggest to continue on-going discussions on the CG mailing-list and to cross-post the first few emails to both lists.

All - I agree with Francois’ proposal, so please include both the lists for the time being when discussing the Presentation API:

* public-secondscreen@w3.org (Working Group)
* public-webscreens@w3.org (Community Group)

[I’ll cross-post this message to both the lists too.]