Re: Google/Mozilla Presentation API update

Regarding the API for message passing, wouldn't something simpler like a
subset of the WebSocket API be sufficient ?

Regarding restarting sessions, don't the proposals suffer from the same
problem of available device detection that the original API suffers from ?
That is, the onavailablechange event is indescriminate and even if it is
fired a call to requestSession may fail (no available devices / sessions
matching the parameters to the requestSession call). This corresponds to a
UX where the "present" icon is shown, but clicking it results in a failure.
There's no need for this bad UX, because we know, before showing the icon,
everything we need to know to make it more accurate.

The site needs to be able to ask for onavailablechange to be filtered by
the UA, with the filtering based on the same parameters that it would
provide to requestSession.

...Mark