Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-alvestrand-mmusic-simulcast-ssrc-00.txt

Harald,

Am 11.04.19 um 12:30 schrieb Harald Alvestrand:
> I have made a proposal.

This proposal requires new work for an interim solution. And while
interim solutions are know to be sticky, here is what I would like to
see instead (from the Chrome developers, as non-standard as sdpSemantics):

   pc.createOffer({numberOfSimulcastLayers: 3})

which returns just the format Chrome does today. Same for createAnswer.

This would require minimal modifications to existing code (delete
code!), is very specific and measurable in the browser (along with local
sdp munging which is the prime evil) which achieves the goal of section
6 in your draft. As a bonus, a native webrtc.org implementation already
exists (see issue 9655).

A (somewhat naive) polyfill is in
   https://fippo.github.io/simulcast-playground/chrome
and basically just required moving some code.