Re: Raw data APIs - 2 - Access to unencoded data

> Den 30. mai 2018 13:42, skrev Stojiljkovic, Aleksandar:
>>> Interface Buffer ... Long long timestamp; // for start of buffer. Definition TBD.
>> Maybe DOMHighResTimeStamp
>> <https://www.w3.org/TR/hr-time/#sec-domhighrestimestamp>, to enable sync
>> with other events, e.g. Sensor interface
>> <https://www.w3.org/TR/generic-sensor/#the-sensor-interface>.
> DOMHighResTimeStamp is convenient for absolute times, when it's clear
> what it's related to (time the light hit the camera sensor?). For
> playback of stored media, we might want to use a clock relative to the
> start of the media; I know there are various well known apps for doing
> things like time-stretching of videos - I'm not sure how that would be
> representable in an API.

I'll note that any use of high-resolution timers by apps may be
constrained by the wonders of Spectre mitigation for some time.   It
would be nice to un-fuzz the timers, but even once one  has implemented
fission/site-isolation/whatever-edge-will-call-it, lots of high-res
clock sources make it super-easy to do spectre attacks. :-(

--
Randell Jesup -- rjesup a t mozilla d o t com
Please please please don't email randell-ietf@jesup.org!  Way too much spam