Re: Raw data API - 3 - Encoded data

On 05/29/2018 09:12 AM, Bernard Aboba wrote:
> Question:
>
> For outgoing audio/video, is the goal to obtain access to media after capture but prior to encoding? (e.g. a "raw" form of a MediaStreamTrack that is subsequently processed by an RtpSender)
>
> For received audio/video, is the goal to obtain access to media produced by the decoder (e.g. a "raw" form of a MediaStreamTrack produced by an RtpReceiver).

Yes, that's the point of the "raw data" APIs presented in the "2 - Raw
data" message. The one presented in this thread is for getting at the
encoded data.

We see applications for both (both separately and together).

> Or is the goal to obtain access to RTP packets before they are sent (or after they are received)?
>
> For outgoing, is the desire to see *all* RTP packets that are actually sent (e.g. including RTX/FEC packets), or to just obtain access to the uncorrected packets?
>
> Similarly, for incoming, is the desire to see *all* RTP packets that are received (e.g. including repair packets)?  What about concealment?
I think that's an excellent question. If, for instance, one wishes to
generate FEC in WebAssembly rather than in the browser, access to FEC
packets is necessary; if one wants to turn FEC on and off only, a
control surface is needed, but no packet surface.
But that's part of thread 4 - RTP packet access.

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.