Re: To Stream or not to Stream

On 14/06/2018 19:44, Peter Thatcher wrote:
> I'm glad we're sounding more on the same page now :).  We all want
> lower-level components that can get assembled together by the app.
>  And streams vs. not-streams is the secondary to the question of what
> these components are and how they get connected.
>
> The crux of the problem seems to be that we have two seemingly
> conflicting properties:
>
> 1.  Apps that want to be in the media path can be.
> 2.  Apps that don't want to be don't have to be.

If we are able to agree that we need both, and define at which points
the apps want to insert themselves in the media path based on the use
cases, I would consider this exercise a success. We would only need to
decompose the rtpsender/rtprecevier into their minimal components, the
cardinality between them (1-1,1-n,n-m) and we would be ready to start
working on the API itself.

I am not going to comment on the rest of your email, because while I
might agree with most of it, I want to avoid previous mistakes and wait
until we have a clear view of the previous points before going into more
technical details.

Best regards
Sergio