From: Iņaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 5:05:33 PM
To: Bernard Aboba
Cc: WebRTC WG; Robin Raymond
Subject: Re: Some ideas on SVC support in WebRTC 1.0 (Take 2)

On Wed, 4 Jul 2018 at 01:59, Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com<mailto:Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com>> wrote:

[BA] If the desire is to make things as simple as possible, could we do something like this?

var encodings = [
  {
    rid: "L0",
    temporalLayers: 2,

    spatialLayers: 3

 }

The advantage of this approach is that the developer can't choose a nonsensical value of scaleFramerateDownBy.

Absolutely. The question is: is that enough? I hope it is.

Basically the RtpSender is given a MediaStreamTrack ad the app can already request some constraints for that track (assuming video) such as frame rate and resolution. Having that and also `temporalLayers` and `spatialLayers` for generating layers of less quality is good enough IMHO.

--
Iņaki Baz Castillo
<ibc@aliax.net<mailto:ibc@aliax.net>>