Re: need more developer feedback

Le 25/01/2018 à 13:36, Lennart Grahl a écrit :
> On 25.01.2018 08:56, Bernard Aboba wrote:
>> Peter said:
>>
>> "But I agree it would be nice to have more app developers providing direct input in the WG."
>>
>> [BA]  I also get a lot of feedback from developers, but few of them participate in this WG, because only employees of W3C member companies (and invited experts) can participate.
>
> Maybe I was bending the rules a bit earlier (not that I did much in the
> WebRTC WG, more so in the ORTC WG) but reporting bugs, providing
> feedback and suggesting improvements on this mailing list (and on
> GitHub) is fine... or is it not? If it's not, where would we draw the line?

Feedback and improvements suggestions are absolutely fine; when these
suggestions get into more specific proposals, then IPR considerations
start to apply, but I expect most of the input we're looking for is
unlikely to be specific enough to cross that line (although eventually,
it's up to the WG chairs to assess).

Dom