Re: What would you like to see in WebRTC next? A low-level API?

> On 24. Jan 2018, at 17:58, Sergio Garcia Murillo <sergio.garcia.murillo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 23/01/2018 23:55, Peter Thatcher wrote:
>>
>> Please write back to this thread and let the WG know what you'd like to see in WebRTC next and why.  In particular, if you expressed interested at TPAC for QUIC or low-level ICE, please let us know why you are interested.
>
> One item I would like propose to be covered in the next charter of WebRTC is the inclusion of End to End media encryption for multi conferencing scenarios based on the approach described on PERC lite. Also, it would be interesting to keep working on the Identity functionality (especially on fully meshed scenarios) and how to integrate it with the end to end media encryption for both setting up crypto context for the e2e encryption and identity assertion of incoming media.
>
> I also see a must to provide simplified lower level APIs that would make life easier for developers.
>
> On a lower level of priority I also think that the following items would make sense:
>  • SVC support
>  • UDP-like datagram datachannels with proper api  (regardless of the technology underneath)
Are you referring to a non-congestion controlled way of sending unordered, unreliable datagrams?
You can right now use and unordered delivery, limit the number of retransmissions to 0 and
get a congestion controlled unordered unreliable datagram service...

Best regards
Michael