Re: What would you like to see in WebRTC next? A low-level API?

On 24 January 2018 at 11:15, Stefan Håkansson LK
<stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
> The current (soon expiring) charter has some text on starting new work
> once WebRTC 1.0 is at CR (which it by now is). In the charter it is said
> that one of the principles that will be adhered to in the new work is:
>
> "Direct control: The new APIs are intended to provide direct control
> over the details of real-time communication, where the application can
> directly specify how information should be transmitted, without any
> built-in negotiation semantics."
>
> I read "without any built-in negotiation semantics" as meaning there
> should be no SDP O/A.

Given that the whole WebRTC 1.0 API is governed by SDP rules, I would
like to see a more clarifying text that explicitly drops SDP. Anyhow,
those are good news.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc@aliax.net>