Re: For discussion at the January 11 virtual interim: WebRTC-Quic and WebRTC-ICE drafts

> On 9 Jan 2018, at 07:38, Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> At TPAC, Peter Thatcher presented a proposal for peer-to-peer data exchange using QUIC.  For details, see:
> Presentation: https://www.w3.org/2011/04/webrtc/wiki/images/8/8a/WebRTCWG-2017-TPAC.pdf  (starting at slide 82)
> Minutes: http://www.w3.org/2017/11/06-webrtc-minutes.html#item24
>
> At Thursday's Virtual Interim, we have reserved some time for Peter to introduce initial drafts of WebRTC-QUIC and WebRTC-ICE.

Perhaps we could discuss the 'why' at that point too. Hopefully Peter's slides will explain the rationale.

> The initial draft of the WebRTC-QUIC specification is available here: https://w3c.github.io/webrtc-quic/
>
> The initial draft of IceTransport extensions is available here:  https://w3c.github.io/webrtc-ice/ <https://w3c.github.io/webrtc-ice/>

I'd draw your attention to the twitter thread about using ICE-Lite to violate CSP without leaving a trace.
https://twitter.com/ibc_tw/status/949993145978245120
https://twitter.com/ibc_tw/status/949993145978245120
https://twitter.com/ibc_tw/status/949993145978245120

Tim.