Re: WebRTC in {Web,Shared,Service} Workers

This is an important topic - I’d love to have any access to RTCDataChannel in workers - especially service workers….

I believe the current thinking is that defining a safe/relevant/complete subset of RTCPeerConnection
to allow RTCDataChannel’s to be set up in a worker is a _lot_ of work (especially thinking through the
security requirements around valid SDP/identity). So the discussion centered on a proposal that seems
(on the surface) simpler. That is allowing  live RTCDataChannels to be transferred to workers
with postMessage() in the same way that MessagePorts can.

Tim.