Re: My personal input to the WebRTC-NV discussions

On 11/07/2017 01:00 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> Just a thought: could we keep the RTCPeerConnection object around
> rather than replace it with Javascript - it would be an aggregate
> object that can be deconstructed through direct use of the other
> objects. I think it would be useful, not just from a backwards
> compatibility point of view, but also from a simplicity point of view
> for the most basic use cases.

My thought is that both RTCPeerConnection and RTCTransceiver would
remain specified, and normally implemented as platform objects, so that
anyone who wishes to continue to program against this model can do so.
That's part of what the section titled "putting it all back together
again" is about - as we add new capabilities to the platform, these
should be accessible via RTCPeerConnection too.

My worry is that none of us will have the resources needed to make that
work, given how many years it's taken to get (for instance) Unified Plan
implemented.

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.