Re: Mangling a=extmap and a=mid before setLocalDescription

On 7/19/17 8:12 AM, IƱaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> Once this is clear (thanks for the reference) I wonder why do we need
> the "createOffer" + "setLocalDescription" ceremony at all? I mean, if
> the SDP provided by createOffer() should not be changed in any way and
> setLocalDescription() should be called with it, why does it even
> exist? It provides nothing.

We don't need it. It's like that hoop on the back of your cable box (if
you still have one).

However, it's not that much to write in modern JS:

     await pc.setLocalDescription(await pc.createOffer());

over e.g.

     await pc.setLocalDescription();

I think the two issues is we're close to 1.0 and how would one
feature-detect the availability of the second one anyway?

I doubt anyone has the stomach for two new methods at this point.

.: Jan-Ivar :.