Re: BUNDLE nightmare when first media section becomes inactive

On 8/24/2017 4:00 PM, Byron Campen wrote:
> On 8/24/17 2:50 PM, IƱaki Baz Castillo wrote:
>> 2) Having a DataChannel just avoids the panic if it's in the first m=
>> section, am I right?
>
>     As long as nobody closes the DataChannel, yeah. Dunno how well
> that interops though, a lot of implementations expect audio -> video
> -> application. And there isn't a way to let JS reorder the bundled
> mids that I'm aware of.

Do initial negotiation with a datachannel only (note: this may cause
problems with use of local IPs/ports and force calls to be relayed to
start).  Then add audio and video to the call (can use the DataChannel
to pass the offer/answer, note! -- and we may now end up with a direct
connection instead of TURN (I hope)).

You'll end up with m=application, m=audio, m=video.

Downside: no DataChannels (yet) in Edge (and forced use of TURN probably
to start).

Randell Jesup, Mozilla