Re: API or spec to limit a certain sending track

On 04/08/17 09:56, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> Thanks Stefan, really excellent points.
>
> So, the "real" ways to limit the sending bitrate of a track (rather
> than constraining its resolution or framerate) are:
>
> 1) RTCP TMMBR (assuming correctly implemented).
>
> 2) RTCRtpEncoding.maxBitrate (assuming it's implemented).
>
> 3) b=AS (assuming browsers implement Unified-Plan).

What you say above matches my understanding. I guess
RTCRtpEncoding.priority can also be used to stop one track from eating
(too much) bitrate from another track you think is more important.

> None of them is feasible today, but it's good to know which future
> features to track.

I fully understand the pain trying to do magic with a toolbox that is
not complete and with defects on some of the tools available - but I
guess that is what you can expect at this stage!