Re: Question about rtx in RTCRtpCapabiltiies and RTCRtpParameters

> On May 12, 2016, at 8:50 AM, Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> PR: https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc/pull/631

> The question has arisen as to whether the “rtx” codec has a single or multiple entries in RTCRtpCapabilities.codecs[] and RTCRtpParameters.codecs[].
>
> My reading is that in WebRTC 1.0, there is a single entry for capabilities, and multiple entries for parameters, one for each media codec that is retransmitted.
>
> Taylor has pointed out that this implies that “no browser would have a reason to support re-transmitting only a subset of the supported codecs.”
>
> Are people ok with that assumption?
>
> In ORTC, we currently do allow multiple “rtx” entries in capabilities, so it would be possible to indicate that RTX can only be applied to some codecs, but not others.

I'm OK with the assumption that if a browser  supports RTX for one codec, then it supports it for all codecs. But I don't want to force use for all codecs. For example, it might be reasonable on a given call to do RTX for audio but not for video.