RE: "depth" kind and MediaStreamTrack.kind

Den 05. juni 2016 13:39, skrev Iñaki Baz Castillo:
> Hi,
>
> If getCapabilities(kind) will allow passing "depth" as kind, does it
> mean that MediaStreamTrack.kind may also be "depth"?

Harald said:

"Last time I looked, getCapabilities() was a method on MediaStreamTrack objects, and did not have an argument. "Kind" is a property of a MediaStreamTrack.

Were you thinking of something else?"

[BA] I believe that Iñaki is referring to the getCapabilities methods defined for RtpSender in Section 5.2 and RtpReceiver in Section 5.3:

partial interface RTCRtpSender {
    static RTCRtpCapabilities getCapabilities(DOMString kind);
};

partial interface RTCRtpReceiver {
    static RTCRtpCapabilities          getCapabilities(DOMString kind);
};

As to whether MediaStreamTrack.kind may have a value of "depth", I believe the answer is yes.

See the Media Capture Depth Stream Extensions specification:
https://w3c.github.io/mediacapture-depth/