From: Peter Thatcher [mailto:pthatcher@google.com]
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2016 3:13 PM
To: Randell Jesup <rjesup@mozilla.com>; public-webrtc@w3.org
Subject: Re: Are we missing an API for setting the QoS priority of data channels?

Perhaps now is later.

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 3:05 PM Randell Jesup <rjesup@mozilla.com<mailto:rjesup@mozilla.com>> wrote:
On 11/28/2016 5:08 PM, Michael Tuexen wrote:

On 28 Nov 2016, at 22:50, Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com><mailto:pthatcher@google.com> wrote:

Looking at draft-ietf-tsvwg-rtcweb-qos, it's clear we want to apply the very-low/low/medium/high priority to data channels.  But we don't have any way in the WebRTC API, as far as I can tell, to set that priority.

Is this just something we forgot to add?  If so, I propose that we add it as follows:

dictionary RTCDataChannelInit {

  RTCPriorityType priority;

}

And it's meaning is defined by draft-ietf-tsvwg-rtcweb-qos.

If not, can someone let me know where in the API this control is?

I thought is was there, but it seems to be missing. I agree, something like you suggest should be added.

Certainly we planned on priority on the IETF side.  I could have sworn we had placeholders for it, but perhaps someone thought "it's a dictionary, we can just add it later").

Sounds good to me

--
Randell Jesup, Mozilla