Re: Removing syntaxerror for ice candidates

On 09/23/2015 11:55 AM, Stefan Håkansson LK wrote:
> On 23/09/15 11:47, Stefan Håkansson LK wrote:
>> Reading back on this discussion I note:
>>
>> - discussion on why RTCIceCandidate is not a dictionary, but it seems to
>> become one with [1]
>> - arguments that if we have "fail on malformed" when constructing we
>> should have it on addIceCandidate as well - but I don't think we have a
>> check when constructing
> PS One argument for changing as [2] proposes is IMO consistency.
> setLocal/Remote has no "fail on malformed" step, why should addIceCandidate?
If setLocal/Remote don't fail on malformed (by erroring out the promise
or calling the error callback), we have a real problem on our hands.

You can't even get to the step of checking if the proposed description
is possible to set without it being well-formed.

Do we need a new bug for this?