Re: Charter task force - list of volunteers

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 12:41 PM, Erik Lagerway <erik@hookflash.com> wrote:

> Thanks Herald,
>
> More for Dom, I would also ask that we add the Decision Policy copy that I
> inadvertantly removed when doing the Charter diffs be added back in as
> well...
>
> --

I'm not against having a decision policy but I have some questions about
this one.

> Decision Policy
>
> As explained in the Process Document ( section 3.3 ), this group will seek
> to make decisions when there is consensus. When the Chair puts a question
> and observes dissent, after due consideration of different opinions, the
> Chair should record a decision (possibly after a formal vote) and any
> objections, and move on.

This seems to paraphrase the W3C process see
http://www.w3.org/2014/Process-20140801/#Consensus).
I would prefer to simply remove this text and point to the process, rather
than trying to figure out
whether there is a conflict.

Editors are responsible for reflecting the consensus from the Working Group
> in the specifications; where editors bring technical solutions in the
> specifications that have not been reviewed by the group, these solutions
> are annotated to reflect their status.

I don't really understand the clause after the semicolon. Can you expand on
what this
is intended to mean?

Contributors are encouraged to bring specific modifications (e.g. as