Re: RtpSender.getParameters and RtpSender.setParameters vs. RtpSender.param1, RtpSender.param2, ...

That is true.

But then the choice moves from one between separate attributes and get/set
methods to one between one "big" attribute and get/set methods, which is
very similar to the choice between settable .track vs. .replaceTrack.
 That ended up falling on the side of a method rather than an attribute,
and I think a method would be better than an attribute for most of the same
reasons.