Re: I have created a PR for RtpEncodingParameters.maxBitrate

If you allow me to see it from other (developer) perspective, there is a relevant number of WebRTC applications using MCU or SFU for group communications and one-to-many distributions. In such applications, setting maxBitrate in absolute terms makes possible to control and plan better the scalability of the infrastructure. For example, feedback from developers in the Kurento mailing list shows a lot of people mangling the SDP for adding  b=as:max-bw lines in order to have this feature. IMO it would be a plus to enable it directly at the API level in absolute terms, which by the way is compatible with enabling also setting it relatively.

Best.

L.