Re: Can getUserMedia() get called on a callback/event ?

On 09/01/2015 18:02, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 9 January 2015 at 08:19, Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net> wrote:
>> So my question again: is this how gUM is supposed to work? or a
>> fanciful design in Chrome browser?
> >
> This is a general web interaction design principle.  If the call to a
> dialog-, consent- or popup-inducing function is not as a result of a
> user action (I think that Dom had a good reference for this in one of
> the documents),

Back in August, I suggested this might be something we want to require
for security reasons:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2014Aug/0187.html

That being said, I don't know if this matches what Iñaki is referring to
— what he describes is about gUM involved from callbacks, not gUM
invoked outside of engagement gestures.

Dom