Re: Issue 412: Framerate knob for simulcast

On 9 December 2015 at 11:45, Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com> wrote:
> A remaining question: how is the receiver's maximum framerate determined?
> This could be codec-specific, because a device might support hardware
> decoding for one codec, but not another.

I don't think that we need to determine the maximum framerate.  This
would just be a knob you could tweak to reduce resource usage in the
case where you don't *need* more frames.

I'm more concerned about how an implementation might meet this limit.
For instance, if I have a 30 frame per second source and this is set
to 25, what would you expect to happen?