Re: Al PR for adding various fields to RtpParameters and RtpEncodingParameters

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 7:04 PM, Randell Jesup <randell-ietf@jesup.org>
wrote:

> On 8/25/2015 8:56 PM, Justin Uberti wrote:
>
>> For ORTC, we came to the conclusion that any adjustments to the input to
>> the RtpSender (e.g. framerate clamping) ought to be performed on the input
>> MediaStreamTrack.
>>

> Are we then adding a bunch of (duplicative) controls on MediaStreamTrack
> for maxFramerate, etc?   Do we have a PR for that, here or in the
> MediaCapture TF?  Also, I don't necessarily want to down-resolution or
> down-framerate the local instance of the video just because I want to send
> a thumbnail (double so if I might be recording a copy locally); are you
> proposing we handle those cases by asking a second time for access, and
> running two copies of everything through the internals?   Or cloning the
> track so that we can modify one clone and not affect the other?

​Isn't the that the whole point of being able to clone tracks?  Shouldn't
this work?

var lowFpsTrack = highFpsTrack.clone();
​
​
​lowFpsTrack.applyContstraints(​{framerate: {max: 30}, ...});

Then you can render highFpsTrack locally and put the lowFpsTrack in the
RtpSender.​