Re: Al PR for adding various fields to RtpParameters and RtpEncodingParameters

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 6:34 PM, Randell Jesup <randell-ietf@jesup.org>
wrote:

> On 8/24/2015 6:01 PM, Peter Thatcher wrote:
>
> maxFramerate can be accomplished with a gUM constraint, so I don't think
> it's needed on the RtpSender.
>

> Not all sources come from gUM (video.captureStream() for example, or
> canvas.captureStream(), or even another PeerConnection, etc).  Also, a
> stream may have more than one consumer with different needs.  (On a side
> note, I was surprised looking at some stats that show a non-trivial number
> of peerconnections are carrying 60fps video.)

​t still seems like it's a transformation on the track we really want to
have.  Tell the track to control its framerate.  It's probably more
efficient that way anyway for things like canvas.