Re: Need API to read the CSRC on received tracks (#4)

> On Aug 1, 2015, at 11:26 AM, Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> The primary benefit is to allow the UI in a conference to indicate which participants are generating audio energy. So if you hear a dog barking it can help narrow down which participant to mute. For conferences that do not mute by default that can be valuable.

There are two things here - the first (which you point out above) is UI to show active speaker in real time. I think this would be very good to have.

The second is the audio levels attribute send in the RTP extension from the browser to switch. I think that is critical to have. Without that there is no way to start to enable conferences without keys and I think the WG should prioritize things that helps with privacy - this is one of them.