Re: ReplaceTrack and track.id (Re: ReplaceTrack - need to evaluate alternatives)

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 12:51 AM, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
wrote:

>  On 04/15/2015 11:41 PM, Peter Thatcher wrote:
>

>  There just one issue I'm not sure what to do about:  if we use MID
> instead of MSID, how do we signal the synchronization groups (ie the
> MediaStreams the MediaStreamTracks are supposed to go in).
>
>  That's actually the whole reason why MSID was created in the first place.

This is an important point. We were thinking about using LS groups for
this, but I think there is an important problem here - LS groups have to be
the same on both sides, so if A wants their transmitted audio and video to
be synchronized, and B doesn't, there is no way to express that.