Re: Proposed Charter Changes

> With the proposed removal of any mention of object-related work from the charter, any such liaison seems nonsensical.

There is a lot of 2-way exchange of information between ORTC and WebRTC 1.0 even if the new charter doesn’t address the question of whether a future version  is solely object-or constrained to support SDP.

1.       http://w3c.github.io/webrtc-pc/archives/20150306/webrtc.html and http://ortc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/ortc.html have a lot in common already, and the larger community of implementers and users would surely appreciate that they be kept in sync as much as possible.  For example, if ideas incubated in ORTC are imported in 1.0, it would be good to avoid arbitrary changes, but changes made in the WG for good technical reasons should probably flow back to the CG as well.

2.       ORTC is being implemented by engineers starting from the spec itself as opposed to figuring how to to make existing code interoperate. That process has uncovered all sorts of issues in the underlying standards that potentially affect WebRTC 1.0 as well. It would be good for people to look at, for example, ICE-level issues in ORTC and how they are resolved, and consider whether the same issues might plague users of the 1.0 API.

So, ensuring that the lines of communication are open is a Good Thing even if it’s premature to formally constrain one spec to align with the other.  Noting ORTC CG as a liaison partner of the WebRTC WG reminds everyone that we agree on a lot more than we disagree about, and helps keep the disagreement about whether / when to use SDP or objects mutually respectful.