Re: replaceTrack proposal

On 9/11/14 3:53 PM, Cullen Jennings (fluffy) wrote:
> On Sep 9, 2014, at 11:13 AM, Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
>> I missed that part; and I was not aware that mobile devices can only
>> open one camera at the time.
> I'm not sure that is exactly right - it seems more that many mobile devices can only have hardware support for encoding a single stream of video at a time and is less an issue of capture than encoding.

Well, I modified our replaceTrack test (attached) to do a direct gUM
swap on devices that support both cameras open at the same time, only to
discover that my samsung galaxy S4 doesn't actually allow that on
android (even though the built-in camera app has a mode for it).

If people get it to work on other android devices, I'd love to know.
When it works you should see no black between videos when hitting the
[swap video] button.

.: Jan-Ivar :.