Re: RTCDataChannel characteristics and failures -API description -

On 5 September 2014 11:14, Gunnar Hellstrom <gunnar.hellstrom@omnitor.se> wrote:
> So, you expect that in most cases the retries for a reliable channel will
> spread over 30 seconds, and if still unsuccessful, the Association and all
> its channels will be aborted.

No, my point was that the association timers run longer than the
timers that govern liveness of a single path.  That means that an
association can survive a path failure if an alternative path is
found, and it seems like we have ample time to do that.  Some
implementations already attempt that process, though I can't speak to
the efficacy.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-stun-consent-freshness