Re: Video orientation header ext. - what is it supposed to do?

Hi Stefan,

> On 27 Nov 2014, at 14:37, Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> just noted in [1] that a video orientation RTP header extension seem to
> be assumed.
>
> Has it ever been discussed what that would mean in the application
> space? I.e. should it transfer to a track property, should it rotate the

I don’t remember it being discussed, but I have only recently
started following the list actively.

> view shown by the video element automatically (and in that case: how
> would that interact with CSS rotations), or something else?

True, there should be some discussion somewhere in the document to clarify
what is the expected behaviour.

It seems a bit odd to read a property on the RTP header extension to
do this in JS. I would imagine that the UA would automatically do this.

—
http://www.netlab.tkk.fi/~varun