Re: RTPSender/Receiver - The case for Constraints

On 2014-05-17 00:27, Suhas Nandakumar (snandaku) wrote:

> At the same time, I see a need to apply constraints on
> RTPEncoding(RTPStream) level for the reasons mentioned below
>
> 1. New constrainable attributes that applies only to the RTP Stream
> such as bandwidth, QOS,  and goes along with the one defined at the
> track level (resolution, framerate).

To me, it would make most sense to focus on those new attributes that
are tied more to sending a track over the network.

> 2. The cases where we want PC to act as a Media Source Transform so
> that any such transformations via constraints will not impact the
> originating media source and other associated sinks.

We already have the MediaStreamTrack API surface for that. You can
create several MediaStreamTrack's that use the same source device, and
apply different constraints to them.

Cheers,
Stefan