Re: renaming updateIce

On 30/04/2014 9:52 PM, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey wrote:
> On 4/30/14 8:14 PM, Justin Uberti wrote:
>> Understood. If we want setConfiguration to be appropriate, we would
>> need to change the behavior from update to overwrite.
>>
>> so, updateConfiguration SGTM.
>
> Reading updateIce it seems like it effectively overwrites all
> RTConfiguration settings with what's passed in. It is also an
> operational step in the constructor. That sounds like overwrite to me.
> What am I missing?
>
> .: Jan-Ivar :.

+1

It's confusing to getConfiguration() which contains all the keys, but
then having to pass that into updateConfiguration() which does not use
all the keys.

Meaning, either you overwrite the thing using:

var config = pc.getConfiguration();
config.changeSomething();
pc.setConfiguration(config);

Or introduce a syntax that allows you to make modifications (like the
Builder pattern) but then any property that wasn't set should be
undefined to indicate that it isn't being overwritten. Alternatively,
allow the user to pass in a map that only defines the keys that are
being changed.

Gili