Re: How to set the video quality sent to a peer

Actually, you are all making it harder than it needs to be.

If the browsers are doing their jobs correctly, you shouldn't need to
do anything at all.  Construct peer connections to different peers and
send the same media to both.  The link that has lower bandwidth will
be detected as such and the browser will reduce the send rate
accordingly; if it makes sense to do so, the resolution will be
reduced to avoid quality degrading too significantly.

Building all these extra hacks might be necessary in the short term,
but only to the extent that you are effectively working around a bug
in early implementations.