Re: ICECandidate.candidate syntax is wrong in Chrome

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 8:20 AM, Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com> wrote:

> On 6/23/14 09:32, Emil Ivov wrote:
>
>> Personally I thought it was an oversight in the FF implementation
>>

> No; starting with the W3C spec (because we're talking about a JS API
> here), we reached the same conclusion as Iñaki did, using the same (rather
> obvious) chain of logic. It is most assuredly not an oversight, as we've
> had to take extra steps to process the candidates that Chrome generates:
>
> http://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/media/
> webrtc/signaling/src/sipcc/core/gsm/fsmdef.c#4148
>
>  There were discussions about that at the interim in Boston and then
>> again in Orlando...
>>

> Orlando? Ah, I see the confusion here. Iñaki is talking about a W3C API.
> You're talking about... actually, wait. I don't know what you're talking
> about. The W3C didn't meet in Orlando, and the IETF doesn't specify
> Javascript APIs.

As Adam says, this is totally clear in the W3C API and Firefox is behaving
correctly.

I don't want to speak for Justin, but IIRC we discussed this a while ago and
he agreed that  it was a bug in Chrome, so I assume it's just an oversight
it hasn't been fixed.

-Ekr