Re: ice connection state change to "connected" vs data channels

On 06/30/2014 09:01 PM, Philipp Hancke wrote:
> The spec says the following about the ice connection state:
>   2. If the ICE Agent has found one or more candidate pairs for each
>   MediaStreamTrack that forms a valid connection, the ICE
>   connection state is changed to "connected".
>
> I ran into a bug where I accidentially dropped all ice candidates
> related to the m=application m-line and was not using BUNDLE.
>
> I did not expect the iceConnectionState to change to connected,
> however it did.
>
> I think the spec doesn't consider this case. Nor does the text
> describe what to do on a data channel only connection.

I think the text should say "for each Transport that forms a valid
connection", with a definition somewhere of Transport that makes it
clear that a Transport is something you can map MediaStreamTracks or
data connections onto.

We already have the Transport concept exposed in stats, so it's not
completely new.

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.