Server-oriented stack (Was: Summary (updated)...)

Hey all,

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 3:25 AM, Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com> wrote:

> Missing server-oriented version of WebRTC
> Multiparty, recording, broadcast

I was wondering if we had a plan as to how exactly we were going to
take on these two (if at all). The reason I am asking is because I
think we might already have most of the components in place within the
Jitsi community (FOSS):

* media stack and srtp support with libjitsi (with DTLS from bouncycastle)
* ICE support with ice4j.org
* a video router (SFU) with Jitsi Videobridge

The one part that's currently missing is recording ... but we
shouldn't be long...

None of the above components rely on any part of the existing
webrtc.org stack, which should also address the interoperability
concerns that otherwise arise with the dominance of  single RI.

(FWIW, I do agree that working on formally specifying any part of the
server-side APIs here would be rather out of scope)

Emil

--
https://jitsi.org