Re: Cross origin screensharing

On 14/01/2014 12:31 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 14 January 2014 05:23, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org> wrote:
>> How about tying this to CORS? If you already grant cross-origin access
>> to your Web content via CORS, can it be inferred you're happy to share
>> its content via screen sharing?
> That doesn't really work in that the iframe (or other cross origin
> content) is acquired without the CORS preflight.  I was thinking
> Frame-Options actually.

Amusing read about browser extensions:
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1vjj51/i_am_one_of_the_developers_of_a_popular_chrome/

By the time you notice that an extension has become malicious, over 700k
users could have had their banking records stolen. Point is: hiding
security-sensitive features behind extensions does not (on its own)
ensure security.

Gili