Re: What is missing for building "real" services?

On 1/9/14 8:22 PM, Alexandre GOUAILLARD wrote:
> 3. See this entire e-mail as an expression of my frustration:
> - yes, everybody agrees it s important
> - yes, chrome as *an* implementation
> - yes, we all agree it's sensitive, and there are a lot of identified
> scenarii where things would go wrong.
> but can we for the love of all the good things out there, not stay
> stuck at the above three lines and come up with something, anything,
> that enable it without a plugin or an extension (but with care and
> with some fences around it to prevent).[...]
>
> I certainly don't know enough about the subject even though I read all
> the cited draft, specs and related discussion online, and I don;t have
> the experience that some (most) of you guys here have. But It does not
> mean I don't have a point. I also do not pretend to know enough, and I
> would have no problem joining any kind of informal task force
> including chrome and mozilla people, at anytime of the day or night
> (I'm 15 hours away from pacific time) and try super hard to understand
> all aspects, if such a task force was set up with the will to find a
> way to make it happen. I can even code parts and/or dedicate staff to
> this. I just would like to see something coming else than making a plugin.

This is the task force. The place to solve this is here.

It's not that hard to understand:

A webpage today is allowed to manipulate content it cannot see. It can
make your bank-account page dance across your screen, but it cannot see
it. Screengrabbing is like giving it a mirror. With that mirror, it can
target and grab all your online information in a flickeringly short
second. Explain that to people.

.: Jan-Ivar :.