Re: Panic between createOffer() and setLocalDescription()

On 20 Feb 2014, at 11:32, piranna@gmail.com wrote:

> Callback hell from real code:
>

> peerConnection.setRemoteDescription(offer, function()
> {
>  peerConnection.createAnswer(function(answer)
>  {
>    peerConnection.setLocalDescription(answer, function()
>    {
>
>        // Send back answer SDP
>
>    },
>    console.error);
>  },
>  console.error);
> },
> console.error);

And there you are confusing language failings with a problem in the API.
The API is made to be wrapped - the moment we decided not to embed signalling
we (implicitly) made it so almost every webRTC app would use a javascript library
to provide the domain specific interface used by the web programmers.

Although, that said promises may make that look prettier.

http://taoofcode.net/promise-anti-patterns/

T.