RE: Panic between createOffer() and setLocalDescription()

I believe what you suggest would violate the principle of least surprise.

Matthew Kaufman

From: piranna@gmail.com [mailto:piranna@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:06 AM
To: Iņaki Baz Castillo
Cc: public-webrtc; Stefan Håkansson LK; Christer Holmberg; Silvia Pfeiffer
Subject: Re: Panic between createOffer() and setLocalDescription()

> - It forces the developer to retrieve a SDP from the PeerConnection (via createOffer) and then to pass it back again to the same PeerConnection (via setLocalDescription).

That's the thing I find most annoying, that it's the same PeerConnection object. Wouldn't it be possible that when calling to createOffer() and createAnswer() they call internally to setLocalDescription(), so developers only need to call it explicitly if they need to modify the SDP string? This will make easier the usage of vast mayority of use cases, and also it is a backwards compatible modificatio