Re: Update of Doohickey/AddTrack proposal

On 02/13/2014 08:32 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 13 February 2014 10:22, Stefan HÃ¥kansson LK
> <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
>> What happens if, at a later stage, the app does addTrack to the
>> MediaStream that was earlier done AddStreamId for? Or removeTrack?
>>
>> (Of course I have nothing against what is proposed in principle, I just
>> fear we adding a lot of complexity for no practical gain)
> Add X can be made idempotent, I see no issue there.

I think Stefan is saying there's a difference between

pc.AddStreamID(stream1)
stream1.AddTrack(track1)
(should not cause signalling, should not cause track1 to be sent)

pc.AddTrack(track1)
(causes track1 to be sent without a stream)
pc.AddStreamID(stream1)
(causes nothing to happen - stream1 is empty)
stream1.AddTrack(track1)
(should this cause signalling that track1 is now a member of stream1?)

All sequences of *.Add* shoud have a deterministic result, even though
the result of nonsensical sequences doesn't have to look very sensible :-)

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.