Re: Reducing normative dependencies

On 04/12/14 17:27, Cullen Jennings (fluffy) wrote:

> I don't want to be adding new normative dependencies to the PC spec
> at this point if we can avoid that. Previously we had agreed to keep
> the structure for the stats in PC spec so that other specs could
> define new stats but not have PC spec normatively depend on the all
> the specs that defined stats. I think this is the right decision and
> we should stick with it. Let me know if there is a good reason not
> to.

I think we should stick to that decision.

But, as far as I can understand, the only normative reference webrtc-pc
-> webrtc-stats if PR #37 would be merged would be in the informative
text in the section <h2 id="sec.stats-model">Statistics Model</h2>.

I'm not sure we even need that section, removing it would remove the
normative webrtc-pc's normative dependency on webrtc-stats, or we could
make the reference informative.

As pointed out by Varun there are advantages with moving getStats to the
stats document.