Re: New Version Notification for draft-guduru-rtcweb-codec-preferences-01.txt

Kiran, it is not clear to me what you consider the right result in your
scenario. Do you want to end up with G.711 or do you want to end up with
transcoding?

G.711 gives you bad sound quality and lots of wasted bandwidth.
Opus/AMR-WB + transcoding gives you good sound quality, but load on the
gateway and some added delay.

What is the result you want, and what is the reason for saying that this
is the right result?

Harald