Re: [rtcweb] Constraints on a track in a a given PC

On 09/19/2013 07:26 PM, Cullen Jennings (fluffy) wrote:
> I sent this email to wrong list. Please only follow up on webrtc list.
>

> On Sep 18, 2013, at 9:30 AM, Suhas Nandakumar <suhasietf@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> +1
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 9:04 AM, Cullen Jennings (fluffy) <fluffy@cisco.com> wrote:
>>
>> It would be nice to have a way specify constraints to a given track on a peer connection. For example, like to be able specify if a track should be bundle only or not.

Are you thinking about constraints that are the same across all tracks
of a given type in a stream, or constraints that vary across the stream?
The first case would be be the (existing) constraints parameter to
AddStream:

void                  addStream (MediaStream stream, optional
MediaConstraints constraints);

The per-track case seems more tricky.

Another question is how we update these constraints, and a solution here
might solve that other problem; would it be Good Enough for the second
case if we could manipulate the per-track constraints after doing addStream?