Re: MTI Codec

+1 , it's more related to browser in my opinion. Another question – are we
sure we want to have only one mandatory-to-implement video codec?

-Alexey

От:  "Matthew Kaufman (SKYPE)" <matthew.kaufman@skype.net>
Дата:  Friday, September 13, 2013 10:02 AM
Кому:  "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Тема:  MTI Codec
Переслано адресатом:  <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Дата пересылки:  Fri, 13 Sep 2013 17:03:52 +0000

As I’m sure many of the people on this list are aware, the IETF RTCWEB
working group intends to make a decision regarding a mandatory-to-implement
video codec for WEBRTC.

It feels to me like mandating a codec (as it is part of the browser, not a
choice of on-the-wire format, already selected to be DTLS-SRTP) is really
the business of this W3C Working Group, not the IETF, just as the JavaScript
API is the business of this WG.

Thoughts?

Matthew Kaufman