Re: Why does screen sharing require a browser extension?

Others have already made the points I was going to, but I'll summarize:
- Screensharing is more dangerous than webcam access, because the attacker
can record the screen, AND control what is displayed on it.
- It only takes one frame to capture sensitive information - far less than
would be noticeable by a user.
- Requiring unambiguous opt-in for sharing, and being able to remotely
disable bad actors, are therefore the best hope of security.
- To opt in, the user will need to install an app or extension, and when
actually sharing, select the window/desktop to be shared from a consent box.
- Installing through an app store is an explicit grant of trust by the user
to the application (similar to installing a desktop app). Visiting a web
page is not.