Re: Stats variables - some more input

On 2013-05-27 15:36, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> I'm continuing with the process of designing stats variables that make
> sense and are useful.
> My current draft is reproduced below. Comments welcome!

Overall I think we're moving towards something useful.

> Representing MediaStreamTracks:
>
> dictionary RTCMediaStreamTrackStats : RTCStats {
> DOMString trackIdentifier; // track.id property
> boolean remoteSource;
> sequence<DOMString> ssrcIds;
> // Only makes sense for audio
> unsigned int audioLevel;
> // Only makes sense for video
> unsigned int frameWidth;
> unsigned int frameHeight;
> unsigned float framesPerSecond; // The nominal FPS value
> unsigned int framesSent;
> unsigned int framesReceived; // Only makes sense for remoteSource=true
> unsigned int framesDecoded;
> int firs;
> }

Just a note: there is a great overlap between the above and the
MediaSourceStates dictionary (defined in "Media Capture and Streams").

(And the hard-to-define audio level is in both).

Would it not be sufficient to report width, height, framerate and audio
level via source states? I know you won't get the high resolution time
stamp, but perhaps that is not needed for that kind of data.

Stefan